Here are a few useful links, to help you make your games:
I Graphics (3D):
- 3ds max : the most famous and liked tool, very expensive, but enables pretty much anything. Very useful for 3D modelling and animations.
- Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 : free tool provided by Autodesk for 3D modelling and animations (free as long as you don't use it for commercial purpose). It is provided to help XNA creators.
- Blender : 3D modelling and animations (free). Most people like it.
- Caligari TrueSpace : 3D modelling and animations. This tool is not much liked. It is currently disappearing.
- MakeHuman : Make realistic humanbodies and faces.
- Turbo Squid : 3D model library (some models are free, others not)
II Graphics (2D):
- Gimp (free)
- Paint .net (free)
- Photoshop (not free)
- Paintshop pro (not free)
- CG Textures : free source of all sorts of textures (very useful)
- Allegorithmic Pro FX : free texture creation tool
IV Sound effects and music:
- incompetech.com : free source of different musics
- Muse Score : free tool that lets you create a partition and then plays it for you, with the instruments you want. It may also translate music into a partition.
- Audacity : free tool that enable the user to modify sounds, voices or musics
- SoundSnaps : site in which you'll find sound effects and music loops, for free (limited to 4 per month) or for few money